Mobile App Acceleration Camp Regional Workshop
What is MAAC?
mLab ECA and MIC Armenia are hosting a regional MAAC event in Armenia on May 30-31, which will be organized in the framework of the Yerevan Mobile Application Exhibition 2014.
Startups all over the region: Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Georgia, Tajikistan will be joining Mobile App Acceleration Camp. MAAC event is a great opportunity for startups to get targeted coaching and mentorship and develop successful application for 20-70 K Euro AppCampus grant funding. Best Teams and Startups with Windows Phone App idea will receive direct recommendation from MAAC, AppCampus and Microsoft for the grant.
Mobile App Acceleration Camps is an initiative designed to help talented teams launch a successful mobile app or mobile game through the AppCampus program. We give participants the technical, business and financial support to help them build a great app for the Windows Phone Store.
- The AppCampus program is free for all the participants.
- The event will take place on 30th and 31st of May in Yerevan
- Applications deadline – 19th of May for applicants from Armenia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Georgia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Organizers cover the travel cost of the Best 2-3 startups from the region.
What is the selection criterion for the AppCampus program?
Differentiation: a brand new app that is not available in any mobile app store, OR an existing app on iOS/Android with differentiated features on Windows Phone (please see next question and look at Key Features we warmly welcome).
Mass market appeal: potential to generate a high number of downloads (more than 0,5 million per year) and/or revenue (tens of thousands of EUR)
Experienced mobile developer: has experience building apps on one of the main mobile platforms (iOS/Android/WP) with demonstrated design, technical and business capabilities.
Convincing Overall Proposal: app design, technical solution, business model.
Windows Store Application selection criteria:
- Approved Windows Phone application submission in AppCampus program
- Team needs to have proven execution capability and proven success for published apps
- Windows Phone application and planned Windows Store application has to have a common backend if applicable
- The key features of your Windows Phone application are supported also in your Windows Store application
- Your Windows Store application supports modern UI for touch device
Who can join?
- If you are a startup or a team developing the application or game for Windows Phone, you can take part in the event and receive funding
from the Fund AppCampus.
- English level of the team or the main speaker enough to negotiate and present the project in English (to be confirmed through Skype- interviews with successful projects).
- Startup team must have experience in creating applications for any of the existing platforms (iOS / Android / WP), and have expertise in design, technology and business ( confirmed by data on previous applications in the application form ).
Where will the event take place ?
The event will take place in Microsoft Innovation Center in Armenia, Yerevan 105 Teryan str. Building #10, 5th floor.